Monday, June 16, 2008

3 weddings, 8 days..and a ton of gas

Let me start out with letting out a big SIGHHHHHHH. I am sitting at work and relaxing for the first time in a few weeks. The past two weeks has been quite a bit hectic for Emily and I.
Emily has been out of school for 2 weeks and has been running around like a mad woman ever since. Emily has this fear of relaxing for too long because she feels like she is just being lazy and should be doing other things. This phobia of not being too able relax is called drivejoshcrazy. But, she likes to keep busy, and this time of year there are plenty of things to do.
Lauren, one of Emily’s best friends, flew into town on Wednesday for Dan and Kristen’s wedding Saturday. From Wednesday on Emily was slammed helping out Kristen for the wedding. I had to work at the store all day on Wednesday and Thursday since we had Herman in an insurance class and the test on Friday morning. I had my renter moving in on Friday and had a ton of things to get done at the house, and Friday morning Justin, Meg, Norah and myself were heading off to Kansas City for my cousin’s wedding. So, it was a nice cram week for me. Wednesday and Thursday I left the house around 8:30 am and didn't get home until 8:30 pm. Now I realize that some of you work those crazy 12 hour days on a regular basis and I applaud your efforts, but I don't enjoy them and choose not to work 60 hours week.
The wedding Friday night was outside and very nice. It was great to see our family. I stayed out till 4:30, which I am slowly realizing; I am just too old for that. We wake up Saturday at 8:30 and hit the road. We had to stop a few times since Norah peed thru her diaper and soaked her shorts three times of Friday. We land in St. Louis around 2:00. Starting Friday, we had 7 people staying at the house, so quite the full house, but always a good time. Saturday’s wedding starting at 4:00 and by 2:00 and a metal rail gash in my shin, I am home and in bed.
Thursday I am back to Kansas City for a wedding that I am a groomsman in. His bachelor party, which I have organized, is Thursday Night. I am keeping the roads hot this summer! 3 weddings in 8 days: Come Sunday I will be sick of “Love is patient, Love is kind…blah blah blah…”PICK A NEW VERSE!

No comments: