Wednesday, July 23, 2008

CRAZINESS

After weeks of looking for a new house, Emily and I found a house that we BOTH love. Both is what makes house hunting so hard, we would find things that I love, but didn't have something that Emily loved. It will be 4 1/2 miles from Justin and Meg's new place, so we will be closer, which was very important to us. They bought a house closer to us before we did, so we wanted to make sure to stay in the same area. The entertaining aspect was the biggest thing we wanted: open floor plan, finished basement, and an in-ground pool, so I am hoping that Noodle can finally come home. As soon as we bought it, they pulled all the pictures down, so this is the only picture I can get, more will follow.

Here is where the craziness in St. Charles starts: We close on our house August 7th, (a 23 day close) I leave for my bachelor party August 8th, and so that weekend Emily will paint the house. The 11th, she starts meetings at school, so I will handle the movers. The 14th we leave for Branson for our pre-martial counseling session with John King. The 18th, Justin and Meg move (granted I have the easy job of babysitting Norah all day)! And then we get married the 29th. All while I am looking for my 2nd investment property and Justin is finishing up his 1st and already purchased his second house: oh yeah, we still have a business to run. Come August 29th, I will need a rather large drink!
I tend to handle the stress rather well: I actually tend to work better when I have 10 things going at once, and Emily does good as well, except when a kink happens, like trying to sell our house. We have done as much as possible to plan ahead, so that when crunch time happens, we are ready for it. Most of the wedding has been planned for months, preparing for a quick move, which takes a lot of stress off Emily. The thing that keeps us rolling is that in 2 weeks, my fat ass will be floating in our new pool!

No comments: