Monday, January 4, 2010

my 3rd decade

So, 2009 is over and for a lot of people it couldn’t have ended any sooner. 2010 is going to be the year for everyone. Things are going to change, economy is going to turn around, jobs are going to come back, Tiger is going to quit cheating and global warming will fix itself! The end of every year always brings a lot of hope and promise of the good things to come. We are so quick to wipe our hands with the past year and forge ahead. But sometimes we forget the past year too quickly and what the past year brought us: Joys and Let downs.

For me 2009 was a great year, might be one of the best ones in my short 28 year life span. It did hit me that I am now in my 3rd decade that I have lived through, so that is a major accomplishment! My liver has not yet given out. Emily and I celebrated our first year of marriage on August 29th, which was a celebration that you all know almost never happened, so that is a lot to be thankful for.

I was able to celebrate in the marriages of many of my good friends, which is always a joyous occasion. 2009 seemed to be the year of marriages for us. I think we went to 7 or 8 weddings last year. Looking ahead we now start celebrating the birth of children now.

Justin and Meg had baby Dean. Bear and Amy found out they are expecting in May. Doug and Nikki celebrated the birth of Baby Chase.

I found a job that I love doing and got me back in the advertising world, which is a huge blessing for me. That is what I went to college for and for the past 4 years I was really doing nothing with my degree. I feel very blessed to not only have a job, but have a job that I enjoy doing, enjoy working and just enjoy waking up to work. It makes my day much better and much less stress on a new marriage. I know there a lot of people out there still getting laid off, so I count my blessings every day that I have a paycheck to cash.

And the all important New Year’s Resolution. As lame as it sounds: Dropping the holiday weight always comes to mind. But beyond that, Emily and I have drastically cut down our monthly bills, so the big Resolution is to double the amount that we save each month. We met with one of our financial planners today and started that goal into action. Just a few more things to finalize and that should be working.

And last is to be a better husband. I look at 2009 and am very happy with our marriage and I believe that Emily will say the same, but you can always get better. The minute that you think you are perfect, you will lose it all. Emily is the most important person in my life, so I strive to be the best Husband because she deserves it.

What are you resolutions?

Well, if you have a glass, I offer a toast to 2009, and wish everyone a happy 2010 and I hope that whatever you want 2010 to be, I hope it works out! Keep on Keeping on

No comments: