Monday, May 30, 2011

1 Month Jackson review




So, my son is 1 month old already, the typical response: "Only crap time goes by fast." So I will spare you that line and just ramble about my thoughts.

We are getting more sleep that I had imagined, don't get me wrong, we are not sleeping through the night, but I was prepared for the worst, long nights of him crying, but that has yet to happen: knock on wood. He is sleeping 2-3 hours, and Emily and I rotate who gets up. 98% of the time he is fed, changed and back in bed within 15-20 minutes, so we really can not complain too much at all.
Grandma Pancio has taken Jackson 2 nights, which was nice to get a full nights sleep. Moma (Grandma Tyler) has been a huge help around the house and with Jackson. Both Grandma's are getting lots of quality time with Jackson, which is very important to Emily and myself.
This first month he doesn't do much, besides eat, sleep and crap...and crap he does. ha. The other day he did smile at me, which was just amazing. I played with his hair and said, "HI" and he smiled real big. Then I did it 3 or 4 more times, each time producing a smile. So I like to believe he was not just pushing out a big dump.

Emily and I were talking yesterday coming back from our Day Trip to the Lake, and our lives have not been drastically over turned like so many people predicted. We don't sleep as much, and we have less money, but we still get out, and Jackson just comes along with us, he really is a GREAT baby, I feel so blessed to have him.

No comments: