Sunday, August 14, 2011

Daddy's first 3 months

Well, now Jackson is 3 1/2 months, but we are close enough. The past month has been amazing for me. To be honest, and I think most Dad's will agree with me, the first 2 months are a little boring. I just didn't seem to bond with Jackson the same way Emily did and I really struggled with that. I felt like a bad Dad, like I should connect more. After speaking with other Dad's, who all agreed with me, I did feel much better.

But around the 2 month mark, a light switched flipped and Jackson started changing so much every day. He smiles at me, knows my voice, giggles, looks around, lifts his head up, starting to roll over and, Sleeping through the night!
I love waking him up in the morning and seeing his smile, it is the best way to start the day.

Again, I love to thank about how blessed we are. 2 Grandma's and a Grandpa who are very involved with Jackson and love spending time with him. Jackson doesn't know it yet, but he soon will know how lucky he is. And it is nice for Mom and Dad to get out, spend some time together.

Emily goes back Monday full time, so he is with Kay during the day, she has been struggling with that, as Mom's will understand. Emily has been the Tyler's rock and will continue to be the next few months during soccer season. I am on the soccer field 6 days a week, and then games start. There are days that I don't get to see Jackson awake, which is tough on me, and a lot of to put on Emily. Grandma, who has been living here for the past 6 months, has been a HUGE blessing for us and Emily to help out. Emily is so amazing to let me pursue my dream of coaching at the college level, as tough as it may be on her. Coaching soccer has been the most fulfilling thing I have done and to continue to coach at a higher level is amazing.

Floyd is going great, we are in the back to school slow time, which has been nice to be able to come up for air and actually get stuff done. We had been going a million miles a minute for 3 months.

Alright, 3 months down only, 213 left to go!

Keep on keeping on!

No comments: