Monday, August 18, 2008

We are all in (that's what she said)

We are all moved in and 95% unpacked! I will say that paying movers was the best thing we did for the move. When you move next, use www.emove.com; it is owned by Uhaul. You rent your truck and the movers showed up, moved and then drove the truck over to the new house. $40 an hour for 2 movers can’t beat that deal!
No major complications with the move, nothing was broken, nor misplaced. It’s the un packing that really sucks. Just trying to figure out where everything goes, and attempting to get all the damn boxes out of the way. I did make the mistake of not being involved in un packing most stuff: I was in charge of moving stuff in from the garage and Emily and her Mom unpacked. So, I have no idea where half my stuff is; it took me 20 minutes this morning to find my damn gym bag. I feel like a small child just wondering around the house looking for stuff.
Over all we love the house, it is everything that we need, plus way way more. We spend most of the day Saturday and Sunday just floating in the pool, trying to relax after the long month we have had. We are very excited to have people over, so feel free to come over and hang out, this is why we got a big house, no kids, but our friends can be our kids. Ha
It has started to sink in that we are getting married in 11 days. WOW. 11 days. The past month has been spend getting ready for the move, dealing with the loan, moving and un packing, (oh yeah, one of our employees walked out, so that has been fun) that we have not had a chance to think about how close the wedding is.
We have 99% of the wedding done and planned, just finishing up the small details, programs, etc. I am not nervous, nor scared about the “Big Day.” The anticipation of the wedding is actually fun and has added to the day. I do get teary eyed when I think about seeing Emily for the first time coming down the isle, taking her hand from her Father and looking her in the eye and saying I Do. I have tried really hard to make this day the best possible for Emily, I know that the moment the music starts and the entire chapel turns to look at her, that is the moment she has been dreaming about.
Just a quick update, I still hate Truman, in fact I think a little more each day. And, we assume that Noodle is still alive, I have not received any new pictures of him, so we hope for the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You get all sweet and sappy then you have to turn nasty and mean by saying you hate Truman. Well guess what, Truman is going to pee on you tonight!!