Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ahhh...married life.





Well, as most of you now know: We made it!! The wedding went off without a hitch. We really feel that it could not have been more perfect. Norah did such an amazing job as our flower girl, John King brought tears to people’s eyes, Justin speech at Rehearsal was, as expected, great! I have been trying to reflect on the whole experience of getting married, the preparation, the build up, the Rehearsal, the ceremony and then the reception; and I think the best thing that sums it all up was precisely what we were going for: Simple, yet Elegant.
The anticipation and the stress of everything caught up to me on Thursday night at Rehearsal and I got sick. I was nervous about my speech, which is odd, being a communication major and in sales most of my life. What made me nervous was: 1. not wanting to cry and 2, making sure I said everything that I wanted to say to Emily. I felt this was my one shot to publicly build up Emily and let her know how amazing I think that she is. I think I accomplished what I sat out to do, but I did tear up at the end.
I think Mom and Justin did a fantastic job on Rehearsal! It went with the whole theme, it was very nice, yet people were able to have a good time. Fanny Pack Elvis was a great thing that set the tone for the rest of the wedding. Thanks so much Mom for everything that you did, you just don’t know how much it means to Emily and I!
Emily asked me what was on my mind when she first walked into the room. I was really thinking all about her and what she was thinking. This is the moment that she has been waiting for. The music starting, everyone stood up and for 2 minutes, all eyes were on Emily, and only Emily. She looked absolutely stunning walking down the isle. I was so taken by that moment that I forgot to go down and get here. John had to nudge me.
I have said it once, and I will say it again: John King really made the wedding special. To have someone who means so much to Emily and I marry us, I can not think of a better person. It was worth all the hard work to find a place that would let us bring in John King.
After that point, I know we said I do, and then it was a blur of talking to people. Our dance, which was 5 minutes, seemed like one minute. Months of hard work and it was over in 5 minutes. The band was amazing. Trilogy band if anyone is wondering.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who made the trip to St. Louis, who helped with the wedding, reception, rehearsal, or were just there to help out and make sure Emily or I didn’t loose our damn minds!
As soon as we get some more pictures, I will post them up. Check out the new survey and vote.

No comments: