Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Let the Networking Begin

I feel that my best skill is networking. I consider myself pretty good at sales and marketing, but it is my ability to network that makes me successful in the world of sales.

Today was my first Chamber of Commerce meeting in Fenton, and I really enjoyed it. There are people who tell me that in order to get sales I need to be making cold calls all day until I make an appointment. I am not saying cold calls are bad; but in order to set one appointment I have to make at least 50 phone calls. And after 49not interested, it makes it pretty damn hard to remain positive. And, I am too pretty not to be in front of people. ha ha.

I spend 1/4 of my day making calls, and most of those calls I do not even talk to the person who makes decisions, I just get his/her name and when they will be in. I am slowing getting better at cold calls and hopefully will be more effective with the calls that I make, but networking: that's where it is at!

I really do feel that my time is better suited in front of people, talking to them, hearing about their business and learning what I can do to make them more successful and in turn, make me more successful. The main thing I like about networking and networking meetings is that it feels like a big team. Here are 20 people that want to help me and want me to help them be more successful. I am a business owner and I know how hard it is to get something in front of Justin or myself. Business owners get so many calls a day about advertising that I really have to stand out, or be in front of them. And networking events is the perfect place. Starting next week I will be at 3-5 networking events a week and I can not wait!

The job so far is great. It is an amazing product and I really like my boss. As I get more into networking, and better at cold calls, the sales will just keep increasing.
I do have a new partnership that really compliments my current job. It really gives me the opportunity to help a business drastically increase their business. My marketing efforts will directly increase their business, which will be very awesome to see! I am real exciting about these opportunities that I have and feel very lucky to be in this position. I will keep you all posted!

Keep on Keeping on....mrrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

emily said...

Ahh....gotta love the world of sales!