Sunday, January 25, 2009

Updated Bathrooms!

Over the past couple weeks our neighbor has been painting 3 of our bathrooms: and they turned out really great. She does great work, for a stupidly low price. If you live in St. Louis and are in need of custom painting, let me know and I will get you in touch with her.


We also replaced all the toilet paper holders, towel racks, etc with brushed nickel instead of the 15 year old gold ones that were there. On a side note: the previous owner used a 3 inch screw with a butterfly anchor for the toilet paper holder: Why I have no frickin idea but it pissed me off and took me forever to get it out of the wall. For those who don't know: they're not made to come out of walls without a large hole. ARRGGGGG.

Here are some pictures of the bathrooms: You can click on any of the pictures to get a bigger view.


This is the 1/2 bath on the main level.





This is the guest bathroom upstairs. She drew all the rings by hand. We actually painted the base color and Sherry did the trim, which is nice. We also replaced the mirror to match the 1/2 bath.










And for the coolest bathroom in the house: The Man Cave Bathroom, which is only lacking a urinal to be complete!

















I also begun to replace all the light switches to white, which most people do not notice, but for some reason, the beige outlets and switches bother me. I decided to get the decorative switches instead of the normal style: as you will see from this picture.






In the kitchen to match our stainless steel appliances, I put stainless steal cover plates, and it turned out much better than I thought it would.






Emily has also started the long process of painting all the trim, doors and baseboards white. Currently they are all a cream color, which makes the house seem blah: well we thinks so at least.

So, as most of you know, it is a never ending project. We should have everything painted and outlets swapped out this week.

Hope all is well in your world! Keep on Keeping on....mrrrrrrrr

2 comments:

AD Greig said...

I was having a hard time visualizing what you were describing... This looks great!! After seeing you stainless switch plates I will be switching mine out.

Anonymous said...

Hope y'all bought extra shower curtains to match the wall.