Saturday, January 3, 2009

A couple movie reviews

To start, if you have not voted on the poll to the right, please do so. Thanks!
A couple Movie reviews.
I have never posted movie reviews and nor do I find myself to be an amazing movie critic, but we did watch 3 movies in one week, which is quite a lot for us, so I figured I would pass on our thoughts of the movies.

Marley and Me
I actually did not see this movie; Emily saw it with her Mom and sister. But, Emily did say that it was one of the saddest movies she has seen. She cried real hard at the end, along with her Mom. And not just a few tears, sobbing. Emily says it is worth seeing, just bring Kleenex.

Tropic Thunder
I had heard both positive and negatives about this movie. Some say it was real funny and others hated it, but none-the-less, I have been wanting to see it. The overall movie was pretty funny, not Super Bad or Christmas Vacation funny, but it had some funny scenes. Robert Downey Jr stole the movie from Ben Stiller and Jack Black. He plays a 5 time Oscar winning actor playing a black guy. “I’m a dude playing a dude, dressed up as a dude.” Tom Cruise also has a supporting role and he made the movie. I knew Tom Cruise was in it, so I was looking for him, but he does not look like himself at all. Just for Tom Cruise alone the movie was worth seeing.

Leatherheads
I have been wanting to see this movie for a while. John Krasinki from The Office is in it, along with George Clooney. The movie is set in the 1920’s when pro football started. It was a pretty good movie, not as funny as I was expecting, but well directed and well casted. George Clooney did a real good job. It had the O’ Brother Where Art Thou feel. I would have to say I liked Leatherheads better than Tropic Thunder. Emily did not like Tropic Thunder at all and says that Leatherheads “wasn’t bad.”

I am currently watching Howard the Duck on Hulu.com. (you can watch movies and all the TV shows for free. Check it out)! Can't wait to finish it.

So, there are my movie reviews. Until next time: Keep on Keeping on. mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jet, Have you seen BIG OYE ? It is an amazing glamorous blog for all the movie reviews and news of Bollywood.

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......