Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I got a golden ticket

Just a few random thoughts about American Idol. I try not to have my blog be filled with many opinions: just updates on our lives, but I am posted this because I am curious to see what other people think. So, please leave a comment and let me know if you agree with me or not.

I do not like Kara DioGuardi, the new judge. It has nothing to do with her talent or what she has done in the music business, which according to her Wikipedia page, she has been quite successful! I think she is annoying, arrogant and almost just plain bitchy. I think that Randy, Paula and Simon worked very well together and they didn’t need to throw in another judge. I don’t think she has said many useful things this season, mainly just bitch about Simon.

I don’t sing well, I know this because I get booed off of Guitar Hero World Tour on the easy setting. But if for some reason I thought that I sang well and told Emily that I wanted to try out for American Idol, she would want me to sing for her. I pray that my wife would tell me that maybe I should stick to sales, not singing. And just in case she would lie to me and tell me that I am awesome, please someone stop me and tell me that I am not a singer. My point is: Where the hell are these people’s friends and family to tell them that maybe they shouldn’t be a singer? There are some people that I have seen that are horrible; just plain horrible. As they walk away they are surprised that all four judges were horrified by their singing. Shame on their friends for lying to them.

Other than that, I am enjoying the season. The kid who lost his wife 4 weeks prior made me tear up and, and I hope he does well. Don’t worry; I won’t throw my opinion around this blog that often. Please comment and let me know what you think of American Idol.
Keep on Keeping on…mrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2 comments:

AD Greig said...

I agree I think that the three judges balanced each other out. And yes I will go ahead and tell you that you should never try out for American Idol (I promise that I will never try out as well).

Paddy said...

A.) You're gay for liking that show!

B.) If you ever even tried to sing kareoke at gameday I would hope someone would stop you