Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Job for Me!!!!!!!

That’s right, a new job for me! After 6 months of looking for a full time job, I have finally found a job that I will enjoy selling a product that not only excites me, but I believe in.




The company is Fill n Thrill (follow the link)

Here are the basics. We are putting TV monitors on top of gas pumps at gas stations and running a Television network and I sell the ads. There will be weather, sports, news, traffic and local events mixed in with commercials. We are the only company in St. Louis doing anything like this, and to be in on the startup is real exciting to me. Everyone in the company, including the owner is learning as we go, and to be with a company where my input matters and what I do impacts the company directly is one the main reasons that I took this job. It will be like starting a business from the ground up, but I don’t have to put up the money for it. Since we are the only company in St. Louis right now, we are moving quick, fast and in a hurry to get as many TVs put up. If you are reading this and are interested, please contact me.

The price is actually very very low.



For the next month I will still be with Planet Cash making collection calls and waiting on Herman to close out the deal. I put in my notice with Water Way and I will admit, I was a little nervous telling Gino that I was going to leave. He put his stamp of approval on me for this job and I basically walked into a job that 15 other kids there would have loved to have. I did tell him from day one that I was still looking for a job, but after 6 months of nothing, I assumed that I would not find a job right away. He was real cool about it, and seemed very happy for my new job. I am very appreciative for Gino giving me a part time job. I actually enjoyed working at Water Way for the few days I was there. Being able to walk around and talk to different people was a lot of fun, and I was pretty successful at it. It gave me the extra confidence booster that I needed to land this job at Fill N Thrill. So, thanks Gino!


Over the past 6 months I have had a couple of job offers that I decided to turn down. I was in the unique position to not have to take the first job that was offered just so we could pay the bills. I do feel sorry for the people who have lost their jobs and are desperately searching and hoping that they can stay afloat: I wish them the best of luck! There were times that Emily was frustrated when I would turn down a job because I didn’t feel like it was a good fit. Looking back I am very glad that I was picky. I feel lucky to have found this job; I think it is going to be a great opportunity for me.


So, I have started my new job as you read this. I am training and learning the product as fast as possible. This could really blow up into something huge, or it might just fizzle out in a few months, but based on West County, I think this is just going to explode! I am able to work from home, go in when I want, leave when I want: as long as I am making sales, I can make my own hours: the perfect job for me.
I will keep you posted as the job progresses.

In the mean time: Keep on keeping on….mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so proud of you!