Monday, December 22, 2008

2008...gone already?

It is that time of the year when people reflect on the past year and start thinking about the New Year, making resolutions and setting new goals.

So, I start with 2008: a year in review
2008 started in a great way. Emily had just moved in and our relationship was going great, I was waiting for our corporate office to sell so I can buy an engagement ring…again. Planet Cash was doing well, and only looking better. After a year of being in a horrible place in my life, I was starting out in a great place in my life and the future looked bright!

The summer of 2008 started with a mess of weddings, keeping our house clean and Emily getting ready to start a new job. 2008 marked a lot of good friends tying the knot and starting their new lives together. I was much honored to be a part of their special days. I have been blessed with many good friends and it is always an honor to stand with a great friend as they say I do.

Our wedding came and went
http://jettyler.blogspot.com/2008/09/ahhhmarried-life.html and we didn’t have much time to recoup as we jumped right back in the real world. Emily had started her new job and I had a lot of house work that need to get done.

2008: Engaged, married, new house and new job for Emily. I really couldn’t have asked for a better year. I really do thank God quite a bit for everything that Emily and I have been blessed with. There are many days that I just sit and think our lucky I am. I have a wonderful wife, a beautiful home, a great job and amazing friends. 2008, to date, will go down as my best year of my 27 year life.

2009 seems to bring some changes to our lives as well. It is no secret that Planet Cash will probably be sold early in the year. That will be a big change in my life. Granted, I don’t go in, but I do work from home every day and put a lot of effort in the behind the scenes work of Planet Cash. It has been what I have known for 3 year, and it will be weird not having the store anymore. It has been wonderful working with Justin and has made our relationship much better, not that it was ever bad.

So, 2009 looks to be starting with me figuring out my next move. I know that the next move that I make will be a long term situation, so I want to make sure that I think carefully about it and make a move in the best interest of Emily and myself, not just for me.
There are no kids in the 2009 future, but we will talk about in the fall and see where we stand. I want to have my next step figured out before we talk about bringing a child into world.

My 2 big goals for 2009 are to keep my healthy life style and make my next move in our life.
Thank so everyone who has helped make 2008 the best year of my life. All my family and friends who have helped make into the man I am today, like it or not. Ha ha. Looking forward spending New years Eve with everyone!
What are your New Year resolutions?

1 comment:

AD Greig said...

This year has gone by way to fast.... Here is a link to the rankings of names... http://www.yeahbaby.com/baby-name.php?name=KENNEDY