Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Lights

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Our family didn't have the weekend that we had planned on, but we survived and came out on the other side for all of us to live another day, so we must be thankful. I will write more about the weekend later this week.

As promised, I will post pictures of the Tyler household with the Lights on. This might be my last year putting up the lights myself. Leaning over my 20 foot roof looking straight down at concrete is really not my idea of Christmas jeer.
I had an 18 foot ladder that would get me up on the roof above the garage, but not on the tall roof. The garage roof is not tall enough that I can step from that roof onto the taller roof.

So as you can see from the picture, I had to use the ladder to get up on the shorter roof above the garage, then pull that ladder up and set it on the roof, which is at a slant, to be able to get up to the top of the roof. As you can imagine, the ladder doesn't sit too nicely on a slant, so I had to make sure I stayed on the right side of the ladder so it would go into a spin, knocking me off the roof and falling to be holiday death.

Emily kept rushing me because we had dinner plans with her folks and that seemed more important than my safety. I kept telling her that you don't rush things when you are more than 20 feet off the ground. So, she ran in and uped my life insurance plan and kept rushing me.


I am only smiling here because Emily just went over my life insurance plan.


But, as most you know, I did survive, (sorry Jason, you can not marry Emily yet, you must wait for my liver to shut down, which is not too far off).

Here are the pictures of the house all lit up.



It says Merry Christmas above the garage

I wanted to line the drive way with lights, but Emily can not be trusted backing out without running over them. A few more lights will be added, but nothing major, don't want to look like Christmas puked in the front lawn.

And yes, Truman loves the ordiments on the tree. I had to go get shatter proof ones and then double wrap the hook to each branch so he can't knock them off. He gave up after a few days. Josh...One. Truman...-Zero

Until next time: Keep on keeping on... mrrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments: